Oh boy, my kids have been cracking me up lately. Addie has had a lot on her mind these days. Yesterday she told me, "Mom, I'm just a little bit sad." (I often hear I'm just a little fill in the blank for whatever emotion or feeling she currently has be it hungry, tired, sad, etc.) Upon further inquiry as to why she could be so sad she elaborated "I've just been thinking about my life and all the naughty things I do and sometimes I be naughty to you and that makes me sad." Having a 3 year old with a guilt complex sure makes you realize how bad you must be if she has that much guilt in her short sojourn in mortality. I did my best to alleviate her guilt-ridden conscience and get her to return to her world of dress-ups and pretend play. What a girl.
Recently while dressing up, she told me she was just feeling princess-y. I'm sure many a little girl has felt the same way and was so glad she added this adjective to part of our regular vernacular.
Sam has mastered clapping on demand and added that skill to his repertoire of cuteness. He has cut both of his top teeth this week, has eaten like a bottomless pit making me realize maybe I should be feeding him more, and enjoyed what I like to call his box Christmas- every kid has one where they're more interested in all of the packaging then what it contains.
My kids are really pretty delightful right now. I've really enjoyed the magic of this season seeing everything through their eyes, and I'm really enjoying motherhood. Maybe especially because Sam is just a few weeks away from being done nursing. Hooray!
I've been thinking lots of thoughts for my new year's post, so don't worry, it will be coming not a moment too soon!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sweet-- Addie is definitely princess-y! And I guess Sam would be a huge fan of Boxing Day. :)
Your kids are way too funny.
So excited for Thursday night!! I will just be getting home from my in-laws, so I should have some interesting stories to share...
How sweet is she! Love hearing about your kids and how they are growing up. Thanks for sharing.
You make me love your kids! They must be adorable! I love the Addie-isms. A 3 yo with a guilt complex? Love it!
oh boy. A guilty 3 year old? You could really have fun with that one:) She's so stinkin cute...and smart too:)
Don't listen to Tara. She's gone to the dark side. lol
You have such cutie-pie kids! :)
Post a Comment