Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Good, Bad, and Indifferent

Let me explain my blogging absence with some very brief recaps about our latest happenings.

1. Friday night was our outing with Pat's family to the MoTab/King's Singers Christmas concert. I had a lovely time in our fantastic seats. Lessons learned: Don't mess with the door guards. The altercation I witnessed between an 80-something door guard and a 40-something concert attendee was just wrong on so many levels. The other lesson of the night was letting your child skip a nap in hopes they'll fall asleep for the baby sitter doesn't always work out.

2. Saturday one of my old roommates came over with her boyfriend who I met for the first time. Note to self: start shopping for a wedding gift. They're totally happy, and I wouldn't be surprised if this relationship goes the distance.

3. Sunday we were up early to trek to Salt Lake for my step-brother's farewell. I met my step-dad's ex and her family- very cordial, but always a little awkward. The joys of divorce. We made it back down to the last hour of our church, only to have Addie not want to go to nursery, so Pat ended up staying with her the whole time.

4. I got a new calling! Now in addition to being the VT coordinator, I'm the 3rd Sunday Relief Society Teacher. I am so so so excited. I need to make it to the distribution center stat so I can pick up a manual. I can't wait for them to get handed out at the start of the year- I have lessons to prepare!

5. I won Hannah's pay it forward! Now it's up to me to be awesome and creative. More details to come about that- in fact an entire post will be devoted to it I'm sure.

6. Sam is sick sick sick. Fever of 103. Runny nose, cough, vomiting. Vomiting applesauce all over me and him as we were supposed to walk out the door to a Christmas party last night. Needless to say, we didn't make it. I did take Sam to the dr. after hours last night. Double ear infections. Still barfing today. Poor boy.

7. Addie popped her elbow out yesterday during our struggle for her to take a nap. I think I fixed it when I was getting her out of the car at the dr.'s office. Oh so fun, the days when you make it to the doctor twice, once for each kid.

8. Our neighbors who didn't make it to the Christmas party came over with a neighbor gift Sunday. I hope they won't think we're all jerks when they're not getting any neighbor gifts in return.

Eight is going to have to be enough for now. Sam's fussing is escalating. Hope to return to the bloggin' world soon.

6 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

you are busy, girl! sounds like good stuff. {except the bad stuff...}

Lupe said...

I was thinking about you this week, and hoped all was going well. Sure pray that your kiddos feel better soon. So sad I missed the rumble at the concert..would been cheering for the 80 something guard. ;)

Lupe said...

P.S...Sunday RS Teacher is my all time fave calling!! You're going to do so well!

Hannah said...

Holy Cow, Christina!! I hope your kinds get better soon!! That sounds so awful. I am glad you won my pay it forward, though. I guess I will have to find you something extra special.

Jan said...

Busy busy busy! I'm hoping that the ear infection gets cleared up right away and that the barfing stops. Yay for the new church calling -- you'll be awesome!

Mrs. Walker said...

Oh man! Barfing baby is the worst! Sometimes it's great to be busy around the holidays, because it makes Christmas come faster!