Monday, December 13, 2010
One year
One year ago today my dad had his stroke. If I have one regret about the past year, it's not documenting the lessons learned and the things we've been through more fully. It's a problem I'm hoping to remedy in the coming months a few different ways. I feel compelled to write it all down. I don't want to forget how we were watched over and cared for each step of the way by One who knew more than we did. I don't want to forget how hard things were and how our faith grew 1,000 times. I don't want to forget the countless times our prayers were answered. I don't want to forget how our small offerings are truly magnified by the Lord to become big and meaningful. I don't want to forget the kindness of others. I don't want to forget the way I fell in love with my husband again with a deeper connection than we've ever experienced. It's amazing to watch our biggest trials also become our biggest blessings. I am forever changed, and I hope I can record lessons learned as a legacy of faith for my children. Today I am reflecting and rejoicing in the blessings and growth of the past year. And I'm dusting off the memories of the past year and preparing to write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love that your posts always help me put the right perspective to my days. Thank you! I've been thinking about you lately. Especially with your thoughts on how Thanksgiving is the perfect way to start redirecting our thoughts to the Savior as we approach the Christmas season. Thanks again!
Post a Comment