Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!

Today my baby is 6 months. Charlie is truly the sweetest. He's currently finding his voice and I can't get enough of those cute happy noises. He's currently loving his toes and I love that the most entertaining things are indeed free. He's currently adjusting to solids with sweet potatoes and is an eager eater, and I remember how much I love making baby food but don't love the messy ritual of feeding a baby. He loves his binky, and he loves his fingers if his binky isn't around. He lights up when Sam or Addie show him any sort of attention. He blows raspberries and giggles when I blow them back. He has a little bleating laugh, my own little lamb. He is laid back and loves life. He is my gentle giant. He has been my solitude over the last 6 months, reminding me to sit down and rest as I feed him or rock him. He has brought happiness with easy smiles that I can't help but return with a smile of my own. He has brought reminders of my own beginnings, straight from a loving Father. Happy 6 months, Charlie boy. I can't imagine living the last 6 months without you.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Your little guy is truly one of the cutest, easy going babies I've ever met. Heavenly Father sure knew what kind of baby you would need right now, huh? ;)

bryceandjamie said...

He is SO cute!

Kohler said...

I really think this is the most beautiful baby boy I've ever seen! I hope his next 6 months are much calmer for you guys.