Yesterday was my birthday. Twenty-eight and feeling great, I must say. I can't remember a day that's been so nice in quite a while. I woke up with my kids all wanting to cuddle in my bed and giving birthday wishes. Sam declared he'd like to give me a guitar for my present so I could play him rock and roll songs. I asked him if he'd poop in the potty for my birthday present. He kept telling me that wasn't a present. I beg to differ.
I was feeding Charlie and the phone rang. After we were done, I checked the message and had the phone call I've been waiting for. It was the social security office telling me my dad's disability had been approved. The night before I'd been praying for an answer on this very subject. My Heavenly Father gave me the best birthday present ever. His timing is incredible. What a gift, and a reminder that I have a loving Father who knows me personally and loves me dearly and is there for me when I need Him most.
This set the stage for the rest of my perfect day. We had our first ripe strawberry from our (struggling) garden, and the kids and I each took a tiny bite so we could all have a taste of summer. I got ready for the day and while drying my hair the door rang with a cute little boy being the messenger for his aunt delivering delicious birthday treats. I got the mail and had a totally unexpected and awesome package from a friend. My mom came to town surprise me for my birthday (although she kind of blew the surprise), so I picked her up after she'd had lunch with friends and we took the kids to In-N-Out. Fine birthday fare, I must say. On to The Rack to make a return, and I found some cute shoes for the kids. We ran a few other errands including a trip to Sonic during happy hour to quench our thirst in the heat of the day.
We came home and hung out and I read my newly arrived issue of Real Simple while she did my dishes (yes, still no new dishwasher). She brought a cute candy-gram and gift from my brother and sister-in-law, and she gave me an adorable shirt. I made dinner and then we headed over to Matt and Chrissy's for cake and presents with Pat's fam. Texas sheet cake and delicious carrot cake awaited, and my gifts were perfect. I ended the night with friends watching The Bachelorette (my first episode this season, but man that show can suck me right in- so bad it's good).
I felt so spoiled and loved from all directions. I felt so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. Pat and I are going out Friday night to celebrate, and I can't wait to have some quality time with him. We've been like ships passing lately with his crazy work hours and my calling, so I'm excited to have a night out together!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We need to hit Happy Hour together sometime!!! I swear I'll be taking my kids 3-4 times a week before summer is over!!! So glad you had a great 28th.
Post a Comment