Summer is in hyper-drive around here. It's been a good, busy week, with another good, hopefully not quite as busy week in the future.
This week I have...
-had a fantastic committee meeting for Enrichment and gotten totally excited about our upcoming Swap Meet! Now I have a bee in my bonnet to do some cleaning out.
-taken a lovely trip to IKEA (with the best of company) and purchased a duvet cover/pillow case/flat sheet for a whopping $2.99 a set, with the inspiration of turning said set into quilts like this for Addie and Sam's soon-to-be shared room. Bunk bed shopping is in full swing and I'm hoping these quilts turn out fabulously (especially since I'm planning to hire them out- I haven't touched my quilt since I've been in this calling, and I don't really see that changing right now).
-watched Addie at gymnastics. Persistence isn't something she's mastered yet- she starts out strong in her exercises and ends up skipping through things by her 10th time around. Not quite sure how to improve upon that, but I think she's enjoying herself. She's been on my mind a lot these days, and I really hope I'm doing right by my girl.
-restaurant-hopped with two of my favorite people. So sad to be saying good-bye to one as she embarks on a cross-country move. But man we had a fun night- I don't know that we'd ever run out of things to say during all of our girl talk.
-ran into a friend while making a return at Target. She just had baby #3 a week ago, and was already looking great. Seeing her 3 kids in/around the cart made me realize that will be my reality in a while. I think I'm currently content for the baby to be inside for a while longer, because 3 is seeming overwhelming. What was I thinking?!?
-relaxed in the chair during my cut and color. Nothing too drastic (not supposed to make drastic changes when pregnant, right?) but all cleaned up which feels good.
-grocery shopped, cleaned, and readied the house for my brother, our house-guest this weekend. My step-sister is getting married tomorrow, and our weekend is full of wedding festivities. I hope we don't melt too much with the weather in the 100s.
Hope you stay cool and soak up some summer this weekend.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're going to do great with 3. Addie will be such a little helper. It's great to have your oldest be a girl!!
Sounds busy but fun. :) Wish I could have run into you at IKEA. I'll hopefully be hitting that store some time next month...love it.
So productive! You can totally take on 3..easily. ;)
Post a Comment