Thursday, July 30, 2009

Three for Thursday

1. A lot of shopping is going on lately in preparation for my brother's wedding. The colors are orange and white, and I feel like every store I walk into I'm instantly drawn to anything orange seeing if it's something we can potentially use. It will be nice to shop in full color again.

2. The curb appeal of my home is currently sorely lacking. I haven't watered my pot out front lately and its contents are all wilting. Our bushes are extremely overgrown. We have a weed problem which fertilizer with weed control hasn't fixed, and we haven't pursued it any further. There's a gaping hole in our landscaping from a tree we took out since we still haven't planted anything in its place, and I don't think we will until the weather cools down a little. I need to give the yard a little TLC.

3. Today was not my finest as a mom. One of those days I need to keep track of just to keep it real. Lots of tantrums. Lots of disobeying. Lots of naughty messes (writing on bodies, the inside of the car window, pulling apart cassette tapes, water everywhere, and that's just the beginning). I'm tired. And I'm ready for tomorrow. Hopefully some fun can make its way into our day- I need it!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

An orange wedding? That sounds fun!

I understand the gardening thing. Mine isn't getting as much TLC this year as it did last. Ick. Pregnancy doesn't do wonderful things for my home...

Cathy said...

Yea! I'm not the only one struggling with curb appeal. Too bad I don't have a good excuse for it though. Does lazy count as a good excuse? If so, I'll use it.