Monday, July 27, 2009

Seven

Seven years ago I woke up early. Beautification takes time, you know. Seven years ago you picked me up in the 626 and we headed to the temple for a whole lot of picture taking. I still laugh thinking about you wearing your suit and tux because you didn't want to wear your tux into the temple and you refused to put on your suit in the car of the temple parking lot. Seven years ago we were married, but more than just married we were sealed. Forever still sounds good to me. Seven years ago more picture taking commenced. We didn't mind since we couldn't wipe the grins off our faces, anyway. Seven years ago we hid our car in the garage of the Inn at Temple Square and walked across the street to our reception. It was fun to see the heads turn and the contagious excitement that comes from seeing a bride and groom. Seven years ago we were surrounded by the most important people in our lives as we celebrated the beginning of our life together. I couldn't have asked for more.
It's been seven years and you still make me laugh, often with the same jokes you've been telling for more than seven years. Seven years has brought us 2.5 kids and a whole new dimension to our relationship. I fell in love with you all over again when you became a dad. Watching you with our kids is my joy. It's been seven years and you're still my safe place, my sounding board, and my calm. You still look at me with tenderness. You still think I'm beautiful despite my currently rounded belly and the stretch marks that have found permanent homes in sundry places. I love you more today than my self 7 years ago could have possibly understood.

happy anniversary

8 comments:

Sammie said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Happy Anniversary you two!

Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary, Christina!!!

Cathy said...

"In sundry places..." I love it. Happy anniversary. Love the new ginormous picture format too!

Amy Zubizarreta said...

Congratulation!!! We love you both so very much! Hope you have a fantastic day together. :) Kepa and Amy

Jan said...

Congratulations! Here's wishes for a zillion more happy years together!

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary! You two make a great team!

Patrick said...

Seven years ago, your hubby had hair..... What has happened to me?

Pat

carey said...

CONGRATS!!! You should be very proud. :) Happy anniversary!