1. This is the first week in I don't know how long that we haven't had somewhere to be any night of the week. It's been heavenly! A much needed break, for sure.
2. My kids are Star Wars obsessed, and Pat couldn't be more pleased. I walked into Sam's room earlier this week when he woke up and he sang Darth Vader's theme song to me. Then he said, "That's Darf Vader's song. On Tar Wars." He's also busy turning every pencil into a light saber. In the mean time, Addie's been explaining the family tree to me. "First there way a boy Annakin, and then he turned into Darth Vader, and he had two kids, Luke and Princess Leia." I don't think I knew those kinds of things until I was 16.
3. I was lucky enough to nab some perennial starts from a sweet friend this week. I should've looked at the forecast ahead of time- 100 degree temps are not good for stressed out little starts. Some of them are doing great, some of them I continue to water with hopes that they will somehow be resurrected. Not sure how likely that is.
4. I found out this week I have placenta previa. Hopefully this placenta moves in the next couple of months to let this baby boy come out. We'll take another peek at 28 weeks to see where things are at- 7 more weeks to go.
5. Yesterday the kids and I took a trip to DI and had a blast. I forget all of the treasures to be found there. I went in search of milk glass containers for my brother's wedding. I left with one little white pitcher, a stack of books, and a semi-flat ball that Sam couldn't part with. My favorite find of the day was a children's book on baptism from the 1960s. The illustrations were awesome. I think we may need to start going weekly. I can blame my trips there on my milk glass search, right?
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish there was a DI here - but I did do a couple of walk-throughs at Goodwill in the past few weeks and scored some great new toys for the kiddoes to play with. Gotta love that!!
Loved your list!
That is the great thing about DI. If your kid can't part with something, it only costs a quarter to take make them happy and then you can take it home and throw it away.
If it is the one I am thinking it is, I have been looking for that baptism book for like 2 years. What a treasure. You will love it.
Post a Comment