This week has been a whirlwind. I honestly don't remember much of the beginning of the week. It's definitely been overshadowed by the news on Wednesday that the twins were making their debut (a day early, as Thursday was the original date for the c-section). My nephew Henry dubbed the twins Spike and Bacon a while back, and we've been calling them those nicknames ever since while we've been waiting for them. But now that they're here in all their sweetness, they're going by Freddy (Frederick) and Flossie (Florence), and they are just perfect. We've had Beatrice and Henry the past few days while the babies and parents have been in the hospital, and the excitement Wednesday night packing up all 4 kids to head to the hospital was so fun to be a part of. The kids were heading to bed when we got the call to come, so Henry's line repeated the whole drive over was "This is gonna' be funner!". Sam just kept shouting "BABIES!", and Addie and Beatrice were full of little girl squeals. The kids spotted the temple as we drove over and started singing "I Love to See the Temple," and they kept singing until we arrived.
It's been a wonderful couple of days welcoming a new niece and nephew and congratulating an amazing sister-in-law who has adapted beautifully throughout her pregnancy (finding out she was having twins at 20 weeks!?!) and I'm sure will continue to do so in raising these two. I am so lucky to have such an incredible friend and example of what motherhood should look like in Chrissy-she totally rocks it.
And remember this post? I think I'm starting to change my mind. :)

2 comments:
Oh, how fun! Go for #3- I was terrified, but it was way easier than I thought it would be! :)
What a great week. so good to see you and spend some time together in beautiful weather. you need to trek down here soon!
Post a Comment