Monday, March 30, 2009
In the groove
I am whipping this house into shape, and I am loving it! The next two days have a few busy things, so I declared today a stay-in-pj's-and-at-home day (except for a quick jaunt later to return library books). I have already made lasagne for tonight's dinner and put a spare in the freezer. I have already done 3 loads of laundry and am still going. I have already scrubbed down my chairs and given my kitchen a little love, although it needs a little more. I have read books, sang songs, and danced with my kids, and listened to them play happily. I have scrubbed some toothpaste off the couch. I have emptied the dishwasher, reloaded, and now it's running in the background, and will probably run once more before the night's over. The difference today is that, contrary to much of the time when I'm cleaning, I feel calm and happy and not ready to rip someone's head off from the messes surrounding me. Maybe I'm finally becoming a happy homemaker. At least for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, what a turn around from last week. Isn't it good to be able to bounce back again? Hope to see you guys again soon!
I'm going to need a step by step guide as to how to be happy whilst cleaning. lol
Seriously, well done. You may now conquer the world.
all that before 3 p.m!!!you are super woman! I need to rent you!
You are awesome. I need a little of that to rub off on me...
Post a Comment