Sunday, March 22, 2009

On my mind...

-What a shock it will be to go back to cold weather tomorrow after a gorgeous spring week.

-Pat's health. I don't know if I've ever mentioned before on the blog that he has Crohn's disease. He's in a flare-up right now, and I wish there was something I could do to make it go away. I know it will- it comes and goes, but when it's here, it's just not fun.

-The things I need to be working on for the garden. I am so excited about this year, but I don't want to procrastinate too long and miss my windows of opportunity. We didn't get nearly as much done this weekend as I wanted to.

-The complexity of relationships. Right now I feel like I'm looking back on a path of destruction I've just blazed, somehow ruffling feathers of everyone in my wake, without even realizing I'd done it. I've been faced with several "opportunities for growth" lately in this realm. I hope that I can get to the other side having learned what I needed to.

-My silly kids. Tonight Addie wanted me to cuddle with her before bed, and in the 15 minutes I was with her she had me laughing so hard. She said today at church she was too busy thinking about Disneyland during sacrament meeting, but then she "really feeled the spirit in class." But she has no desire to wear a white dress when she gets baptized. She'd only like a colorful one because she "loves all the beautiful colors." And also, "maybe [Pat's aunt in the wheelchair] should take a wheelchair class so she can get really fast and be able to chase her grandchildren, because isn't it sad that she can't walk to chase her grandchildren?"
Sam has been 100% mom-attached all day, even skipping nursery. I'm hoping he's not coming down with something. Tonight I brought up strawberries during dinner (his drug of choice), so in an attempt to distract him so he'd keep eating, I said the strawberries weren't here right now. He didn't miss a beat, and said, "Papa and Nonna's house?," thinking maybe the elusive strawberries ended up there. While putting him to bed tonight, he asked if I'd make rolls so "Sam have roll, Addie have roll, Dada have roll, Uncle Chris have roll," and he continued to list everyone who could eat rolls except me. I guess he thinks my job is just making them, not eating them.

Hopefully I'll make a little more time for the blog this week. It's been on the back burner lately, but with yucky weather returning, I'm sure I'll be inside a lot more.

6 comments:

carey said...

The idea that "when it rains, it pours" sure rings true sometimes, doesn't it? I didn't realize your family dealt with Chron's. We had a friend who had this and sort of introduced us to how much he had to do to stay healthy... I can relate re. certain relationships providing "opportunity for growth!" Hang in there, friend. :)

Englebright said...

Christina we have GOT to catch up! This week is looking MUCH better for me. (We just got back from Moab).

Jan said...

I always love reading your updates -- and I hear you on the 'growth' thing. I'm growing too. Sigh.

Heather said...

Christina,

Thanks SO much for the baby food tips and the blog link! I'm really excited to check it out!

Candis Ellis said...

Oh cold weather - I hate it too! We did manage to plant some seeds, only to have the snow land on them. Huff.

Anyway, amen to the complexity of relationships. I know exactly what you mean.

Oh, and thanks for the message...it made me feel much better :)

Sammie said...

So sorry to hear about Pat's health. Let us know if you need anything!