Monday, March 16, 2009

My Rough Day by Sam

Today no one seemed to understand how hard it is to be 2. Mom couldn't figure out why I changed my mind so many times about which cup I wanted. There were just so many great choices! I didn't want to clean up before heading outside, I just wanted to go outside. Did I really need to get clothes on? I was so tough jumping off the retaining wall over and over and over again. But then I decided it would be much more awesome to go check out the garden. I didn't realize that the tarp covering everything had water in it from the melted snow- what an adventure. Sitting down in that water and ice sure was cold! I would've kept playing, but mom made me come inside to get dry. I was really bummed mom wouldn't let me have a treat unless I finished my lunch. I was finally getting such a great nap when Addie's tantrum woke me up, and I really was not ready to be awake. And then I couldn't understand why it was taking mom so long to make dinner- there's a pantry and a fridge full of food, why can't I just eat it while she's cooking? The terrible end to my day was when I couldn't go outside tonight because I wouldn't eat a bite of dinner. I don't think I've been so upset for a long time. Don't my parents understand that I live for the sunshine, the fresh air, the outside? Don't they see how many adventures are out there waiting for me? Mom said we could go outside tomorrow while Addie's at school. I sure hope so. It's time for me to call it a night. I'd better get my fuzzy and Elmo and monkey and baby and other fuzzy and hit the crib. Mom think I sleep with too much stuff, but I like to have my friends around. Maybe I'll have to blog again soon- you guys always seem to understand.
-Sam

1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

Awesome. You and my daughter Lydia would be best friends Sam.