Monday, February 16, 2009

Trade-off's

Number of puzzle pieces currently strewn all over my family room: 86
Number of toy dishes currently strewn all over my family room: 32
Number of toy food pieces currently strewn all over my family room: 48
Number of hopscotch pieces currently strewn all over my family room: 14
Number of dolls, stuffed animals, and ponies currently strewn all over my family room: 18
Number of pillows and blankets currently strewn all over my family room: 16
Number of books currently strewn all over my family room: 7
Number of couch cushions covers currently in the wash, leaving the uncovered cushions strewn all over my family room: 4
Number of couch cushion covers waiting to be washed, leaving the cushions strews all over my family room: 4
Number of shoes currently strewn all over my family room: 9

Number of happy children busily playing: 2

Number of loads of laundry already in progress:1
Number of blinds already vacuumed: 3
Number of dishes already done: 62
Number of crayons already put away: 75
Number of minutes already exercised: 30
Number of items left on my to do list: 18

Number of moms with long to do lists but happy children: 1

5 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Thanks for always helping me to keep a smile on my face and see the great things in life :) I really needed this today! Thanks!
By the way, if you want to check out our blog, we are: www.cutecropper.blogspot.com
Have a great day!

Englebright said...

You are amazing, Christina! It takes a lot of discipline not only to clean like that, but to let your house get destroyed in the process.

Evaly said...

I wish I could remember the last time I vacuumed my blinds- oh, yeah, NEVER!! :) We are lucky if the floor sees the vacuum once in a while! Happy kids are definitely all worth it though.

Sammie said...

Ok, please tell me you didn't really count all those things. I'm hoping it was a pretty good guesstimation. :)

we chirp said...

I love this list! That is how I feel all the time, a huge struggle between playing with kids, cleaning up ALL THE TIME, or stressing all the time. I'm still trying to find the balance, love your count.

mavis