In honor of the big holiday Saturday, I thought a few love-themed posts were in order. Here are a few things I love lately.
-Free printable goodness around the internet. Addie's valentines were cute and free (and she had a hard time choosing which ones she wanted with all of the cute free options out there). Candis has a new free to-do list that is cute and free. Pretty paper+free=perfection.
-Menu-planning. I'm either in my groove with this, or totally not, but right now I am and it's so nice. I've planned through the rest of the month. I like to write what we're having straight on the calendar so I don't forget. If I end up swapping nights around, I just scratch off what we've had already so I still have all the ideas there but can keep track of what we've had recently. This recipe for maple roasted chicken and sweet potatoes is a current favorite (found via armelle)
1lb chicken tenderloins
1 small onion, cut into strips
1 giantly large sweet potato, cut into thin pieces
2 TBS olive oil
1/3c maple syrup** (it MUST BE THE REAL THING....nothing coming out of a lady's head.)
1 tsp kosher salt
ground pepper
6 sprigs fresh thyme
I also added some fresh oregano, only because I had it...it was yummy too.
Toss chicken, potatoes, and onions in the olive oil.
Sprinkle the rest over the top.
BAke at 425 for 45-60 minutes.
enjoy the wonderful smell that will be oozing out of your oven.
**if you don't have maple syrup on hand, I've also given this dish a hefty sprinkle of brown sugar over the top before baking, and it's still yummy.
-the cute craft projects we're going to make as part of our Home Improvement themed Enrichment. I'm sure I'll post more about them soon, but adorable magnets plus a decorative magnetic key holder plus an adorable bulletin board are all on the list and will be stinking cute.
-A place to exercise indoors for only $.50. I love that I can go use the indoor track so inexpensively.
As great as all of these things are, things are just things, I must say. Stay tuned for people I love coming soon.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I use an indoor track and I love it too. :) Thanks for the recipe - - looks delish! (although, I'm not sure I've ever used real maple syrup, just Auntie J's...).
Post a Comment