Thursday, February 19, 2009

I have two kids

Today I loved listening to my kids play together. The day has arrived, they're finally becoming real playmates. They disappear to various corners of the house building forts and restaurants and farms and towers. They change clothes into pajamas and hats and capes and boots for their latest escapades. Sam sits on Addie's lap (which involves him sitting facing her and only his legs draping a little over her shins- I need to capture it on camera soon) and she reads (I use that term loosely) to him. They sing songs together, and they make up their own songs. They tickle each other and laugh and laugh and laugh. They have picnics together and snacks together made both by me, or by them with toy food or whatever else they're currently imagining with. They cuddle up together. They tell each other jokes. They comfort each other. They really love each other.

Sibling relationships can be oh so sweet. I'm so glad I gave them each other.

(Title taken from the silly song I sing to them to the tune of "I have two pickles" from The Little Rascals. I love having two kids.)

2 comments:

Sharla said...

So sweet! There IS joy in every sound when there's love at home! :)

Ella said...

That is the cutest thing. I can't wait.