I'm so grateful to have three love bugs this year. You're all incredibly different, but I love each of you and can't imagine my life without any of you.
Dear Sam, you are truly the happiest of the bunch. Your aunt always says you're just happy to be on the team, and I completely agree. You make me realize how joyful it is just to be. I love coming into your room each morning to be greeted with huge grins and ever-more-coherent conversation. I love when I'm rocking you before you go to sleep and you sweetly hold my face in your little hands and sing to me. I love watching you rock out in the rear view mirror. I love that you're quick to give and slow to be annoyed. You are my baby boy, and I love you!
Sweet Adelynn, you are a beautiful girl. These days, you're always good for a cuddle and a book. You delight in pleasing me with your silly stories and clever rhymes. You thrill me with your thirst for knowledge. You remind me that it's good to just be by yourself sometimes and think, a pastime that you always make time for. I love hearing you talk about the gospel. I love your love for all things pretty. I love your desire to be a mom. I love that you remind me to treasure the ends of the day as we lay together and talk. You amaze me daily, and I love you!
My dearest husband, you are my rock. This is our 7th Valentine's Day celebrated together. Can you believe that 7 years ago I was sending us on a scavenger hunt all over the place from the ice sculptures in Provo during the Olympics to the Mt. Timpanogos temple? You played along with my romantic notions and were a good sport, not so different from things today. You make me want to be better. You're smart, and you're always seeking to learn more. You bring laughter to our home. You are a great source of strength and calm for me. You are an incredibly hard worker. I love your inner handy-man that helps me with projects. I love seeing your face light up when I enter the room. I love your unwavering faith. I love your fierce loyalty. You are mine forever, and I love you!
Happy Valentine's Day, sweet family.
Love,
C
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That was a sweet little post. I'm just catching up on your blog. I see you're starting your garden! This will be my first year...where do you usually buy your seeds?? I never thought I would be excited about gardening, but I totally am! But I have no idea what I'm doing!
So, our first attempt at getting together didn't work out so well. Let me know when would be good time for your family to try again!
Post a Comment