Friday, February 6, 2009

My weekend agenda


1. I can't wait to plant the seeds I purchased! I'm planning to give my plants a head start so I won't be purchasing tomato plants this year, I'll be using the ones I started from seed. Ambitious, eh? There is something truly magical about planting a seed and watching it grow. I'm excited to bring a little spring inside. It's been so fun to make plans for our garden this year.
2. More organization projects looming. I made great progress last weekend, but I'm not done yet. Our basement is (un)impressively full considering it's unfinished. I will feel so good once this purge is over.
3. I know everyone has their own favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but if you're on the hunt for a new one, whatever you do, don't try these. You'll eat way too many and feel way too guilty and definitely blow your diet. You'll make them fairly frequently because you can't stop thinking about them once you've polished off a batch. Don't do it. But if you're up for the splurge, definitely make them, and cut back the chocolate chips by about half, and if you're in the mood, add oatmeal. Yum! I'm sure I'll be making another batch this weekend.
4. Getting a little crafty in the V-day arena is on my radar. Addie needs to take 14 valentines to school next week. And we'll throw in a few more for family members. There are a plethora of cute ideas floating around the interwebs, I must say. I'm excited to see which idea she decides on (with my strong suggestions, of course).
5. We need a little fun this weekend to break us out of the winter blahs. A visit to the library is definitely on the list, and who knows what else we'll do. Blanket forts, children's museum, the pool, and a family movie are all potential prospects, so we'll see what we end up dabbling in. Hope your weekend is delightful!

Image via flickr

4 comments:

carey said...

Man, I wish I had a green thumb. I seem to kill anything green that I look at. AND..I wish I had the organizing bug. Help me!

PS - those cookies look SO delicious. I cannot wait to try them!

Suzie said...

Looking at my seed catalog today and loving it.
Hoping your organizing will be contagious.
And be sure to share your VS ideas!

Alison Alleman said...

Zach always laughs at me because I love watching my plants grow, but I guess I'm not the only one! You talking about your garden makes me want to plant one so bad! But we'll have to wait until we get our own house....

Carrie said...

thanks for the stuffed animal tip. it will come in handy. for sure.