Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh yes...

I do have a blog. :) I was doing so good catching up and posting regularly... Wondering what I've been up to? Well, I've been busy...

-cursing my luck and the laundry gods and Bosch and Sears when my brand.new.dryer stopped working Friday night.
-being told Friday night I needed to call back Saturday to schedule my appointment.
-wondering how I was going to wait until Wednesday when the repair man could come to fix my dryer.
-really cursing my luck when we arrived home from church on Sunday to a flooded kitchen/laundry room/raining basement due to a hose breaking on our brand.new.washer.
-whisking the kids off to Pat's parents so we could clean up the mess.
-installing the new hose (well, that was mostly Pat, I just assisted).
-waiting around all day Wednesday for the convenient 8-5 maintenance window (the repair man showed up a little after 3).
-questioning the repair man as to why the new control board would take so long to arrive.
-cursing the fact that I'll be carting my laundry around since my dryer won't be fixed for another 10 days.

Aside from the laundry debacle, things have been great. Lunch with friends, fun with my kids, a sleepover for Addie with her cousins, playing in the snow, and some great shopping scores. Hope your first week of '09 has been full of fun and resolve and motivation...and clean clothes.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

how horrible!!! I am so sorry!

Melissa E Photography said...

ugh, MAN! That stinks!

Jan said...

This is reminiscent of what happened with my Natalie -- except that her washer/dryer weren't brand new. It did, however, take a full 3+ weeks for the new set to arrive. Ack!!

Janell R. Cropper said...

You're at the point where I would just need a hug! My dryer has been broken for a week now, and we're still waiting for the part, but you've got both of them out! Good luck!

Carrie said...

That's just wrong.