Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inspired

I'll honestly admit that I almost didn't watch this morning. I had a Target trip to make. But I decided to wait and make my Target run after picking Addie up from schoo, and I'm so glad I did. Although my enthusiasm for our new president is not as great as some I know, I couldn't resist the feelings of patriotism. The Williams' piece was gorgeous. The speech definitely had some high points. The pomp and circumstance and ceremony of it all was beautiful. The benediction was hilarious. The peaceful transfer of power is a blessing not to be taken for granted. I'm hoping for good things in the next 4 years.

And in other news, have you caught all the coverage on how the presidents are moved in and out of the White House with never a box to be seen? Fascinating!

1 comment:

Janell R. Cropper said...

I agree with you that the feeling of patriotism was great during the whole thing! I probably watched way too much TV today, but I feel grateful to be able to witness this part of history! And, seeing the Obama's waving in the parade definitely has gotten Steven obsessed with waving today :)