My game is on, I tell you. I dropped off 4 large bags/boxes at D.I. today. I cleared out an embarrassing amount of paper clutter last night to recycle. I've started some personal files for those things that aren't bills/paperwork/important papers, but instead for things I'd like to hang onto but had no "official" place to put. I'm no where close to done, but man it is so liberating to throw out crap.
On the other hand, there is still a lot I'm keeping that others probably would not. Growing up without a lot has instilled a lot of pack-rat in me because what if I could use that someday, or if I just made this change it's suddenly totally usable, or who knows when I might want to use that. It's hard to find the line between worth keeping and ridiculous for keeping. Getting too purge-happy can lead to losing important things (like the heirloom family pictures I still.can't.find. since I left Provo almost 6 years ago- hopefully I'll unearth them in this current organizing binge, although I fear they've gone the way of the world when I was busy purging back then). Or being too purge-happy can be a little depressing (because if I really purged everything that didn't look good/feel good/fit in my closet, it would be bare).
I read somewhere that January is officially organization month. I guess I'm trying to pack it all in before it ends. But thank heavens January is coming to an end. It feels like a bit of eternity every year.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Christina, you are on a roll! You are motivating me to tackle my house. It needs it!!
You are awesome! I'm great at the 'throw things out' routine - probably too good.
Yay for you for being a little selective.
Luckily for me, moving is a great motivator for getting rid of things. Now if I could just find the things I'm looking for that I know I kept....
Post a Comment