This weekend we had an early Thanksgiving with my side of the family since my brothers were in town. Addie and Sam were crazy about their uncles, and this morning Addie even asked when she could see Uncle Joe again because she already missed him. Sam was Ben's biggest fan, so it worked out that they both had a favorite. ;) Just for the record, dinner was delicious. I brined our turkey for about 24 hours before it was cooked, and it was so moist and flavorful. I made the rolls, stuffing, a sweet potato and apple dish, sauteed green beans, and caramel apple pie cheesecake for dessert. My mom brought mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry jello salad (I know, jello is not usually something I even remotely love, but for some reason I love this!), and broccoli-rice casserole. I ate way too much and have got to get back in the running groove this week. I've felt so busy lately it's been hard to find a night that work, but I'm sure I can always find an excuse not to go, so I need to get on it. Last week was the first week I haven't run at all for a few months, and I can really tell a difference.
I hope to get back in the blogging groove soon, too!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds delicious!
Ooohh..I'm so hungry! What a delicious meal!
that all sounds too yummy!What a tease!WE all have to wait so long before we get our first bite of Thanksgiving love! darn it!
Sounds fabulous! I'm all for thanksgiving warm ups! Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment