Saturday, November 8, 2008

Off to a Rocking Start

Reasons my weekend has already been fabulous (in no certain order)

-the running shoes I've been waiting to buy went on sale from $90 to $55 (it's Nordstrom's half-yearly, FYI, and there are some great deals to be had), and I had a $50 gift certificate. Nothing like some new shoes for $6!

-we've been way productive! Yesterday we cleaned out the garage, got a new shelving unit for food storage in our basement (for a rocking deal thanks to my mom's work closing) and got it all set up, caulked all of our windows upstairs for our date last night- we're trying to winterize our home a little better this year, and put in some CFL bulbs that we purchased for about $.50 each. Even better- while purchasing some of our supplies for our home improvement projects, we used a gift certificate and only ended up spending about $7 on about $50 worth of stuff! I love that great feeling of getting things done.

-the best news of all is that my sister-in-law is having twins!!! She had her ultrasound yesterday and found out this news already half way into her pregnancy. I can't get over the excitement and can't wait to be a doting aunt to this new sweet boy and girl!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Good job on the deals!! I need to get to that sale...

Rusti said...

Aww! How fun that she's going to have a boy AND a girl! Crazy finding out being half way done but still, pretty cool.

Very nice work on the deals! Is Nordstrom still having the half yearly sale?