Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ten for Tuesday

- I went to Kneader's 3 times last week. Once for breakfast. Once for dessert. Once for soup. Don't judge.
-Twin fever is still hitting hard around here. I can't stop thinking about it, and I'm not even the one who's pregnant!
-Today I took my kids to story time at the library for the first time ever. Addie was timid but enjoying it. Sam was just as rambunctious as I thought he'd be, making me wish we'd never entered the story time area. Hopefully I'll have another brave day and decide to return.
-My jury is still out on Sesame Street's attempts to freshen things up. Bert and Ernie in claymation is just weird to me.
-Addie has been obsessed with saying "Barack Obama" since I tried to explain to her that he's the new president. She thinks it's hilarious to call him Barack O Pumpkin. Now she's started praying for him in her prayers, and I love that great example that she is- praying for our leaders is always a good thing to do, whether or not we agree with them.
-Addie is also cracking me up with her tales of her preschool friends. I need to branch out and get to know the moms so she can play with these girls she can't quit talking about. It is hilarious to hear her talk about "Lex and Soph", no longer Lexi and Sophie, I guess they're on the shortened name level of friendship.
-Motherhood has been really tough for me lately. I've been way too reactionary as a parent, and it's left me feeling worn out. I'm really grateful for great examples that surround me, great music to listen to, and scriptures and prayer. They're the things that help me refocus. Today has been a good day, and I'm so glad.
-I'm so excited for this weekend's pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Since my brothers will be in town, my mom decided it would be a good idea to celebrate with them, so my step-dad's kids are coming too, and it should be a great time! I need to decide on this year's turkey prep. Last year I brined for a day before baking and while it was good, I'm not sure if I'll do the same or try something new.
-I greatly enjoyed some girl time over the weekend. It's amazing how recharged I can feel after a little time with friends. Love it!
-Happy Veteran's Day! I am proud of the veterans in my family and Pat's family (his grandpa was a WWII pilot) and am so grateful for their sacrifices. I love our country!

3 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh, Christina- you cute, cute girl.
I love your random thoughts!

carey said...

Motherhood has been a little taxing on me as well. (hugs.)

PS - when did Ernie & Bert go claymation? I'm not down with that idea...

Suzie said...

You definitely deserve some girl time.
and wait.? Sesame Street updated? I need to get the scoop.