I feel like I haven't blogged in ages. I have a list of things that could all take a full post on their own, but I'll share the abridged version so I can feel a little more caught up.
-I had a fabulous visit with Amy. Highlights include trips here, here, and here, as well as plenty of late night girl talk and playing with the kids and movie watching and general fun. Our visit ended with Amy being gracious and letting Pat's parents take her to the airport while I took Pat to the dr. for some Crohn's problems. Despite the bummer end, we had a great time and I'm lucky enough to see her again in a few weeks when she returns for a conference- yay! (And Pat is doing a little better with some new meds. He'll have a CT scan next week that will tell us more.)
-Addie delivered her line flawlessly in the primary program. If only she could've remembered the reverent part we had practiced all week. She had a hard time sitting in her chair. At one point she ended up on her teacher's lap. When I picked her up from class and talked to her teachers, they informed me that we'd better make sure we don't do anything bad at home because she gives them the full report every week on everything going on. Oy.
-Our season premier party for The Office was so fun. The costumes were fantastic! We enjoyed dinner together and favor boxes filled with Office kitsch from the dollar spot at Target, and then loved every minute of the episode. For another take on our party complete with pictures of us all in costume, visit here.
-The Relief Society broadcast was completely wonderful. I felt so empowered in my membership in Relief Society after hearing Sister Beck's talk. President Uchtdorf spoke so sweetly to the women of the church, and his counsel was so appreciated. I am grateful for my opportunity to be a member of this organization and to serve in its leadership. I feel like there's so much more I can do- and I really can do it!
-My book group has started again. We took a break for the summer, but it was so nice to reconvene last night, have a great discussion, and start planning ahead for the next few months.
-We had the opportunity yesterday to attend the most beautiful sealing. Friends of ours had their baby girl sealed to them. As soon as she came in, I couldn't hold back the tears. Words can't express the sweetness of this experience. I feel so honored that we were able to attend.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I have breakfast with friends tomorrow, a birthday party tomorrow night, and the rest of the weekend filled with general conference. I can't wait!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Loved the update! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Oh...and I am definitely going to call you for a Nordstrom Rack date!
you have been busy! You also made a great Angela! (loved the photos on your friend's blog. :) )
I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk too -- he is wonderful.
Loved your updates --- busy times, for sure!
So glad you got to visit a spa. So fun!!!
I just have to say ditto to most of your post!! I hope to get caught up and top of things again soon!! LOVED the Women's Broadcast!!
Post a Comment