Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for

-a knowledge of my Savior Jesus Christ. Life without Him is bleak. Life with Him is full of hope and beauty. I am grateful that I've been making an effort to begin my day reading His words.

-friends who lunch with me and teach classes for me and run with me and call me just when I need them to and provide laughter and perspective and a kick in the pants when I need them most.

-children who I love fiercely. Sam is so hard right now. So. Hard. But I still love him. And I appreciate what he's teaching me. And his sweet singing is a saving grace. Yesterday in a particularly not great moment, I mentioned the temple and Sam grinned at me and started singing the tune to "I Love to See the Temple". My heart melted and it changed the whole mood and helped lift the dark cloud. Addie has hard moments too (this parenting thing isn't easy). But her overall sweetness and active imagination have a hold of my heart. Hearing "you're the best mom ever" makes me melt. I haven't been a great mom this week- preoccupied and stressed with other life details, and I'm hoping to remedy that situation ASAP.

-a husband who makes me laugh. He's so much more, but sometimes one of the greatest and simplest things he gives me is a good laugh, especially when I so desperately need it.

- a cozy bed that I'm about to fall into.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Jan said...

The parenting thing really is hard. You're doing everything right -- just keep on loving. Loved your list.

Melissa E Photography said...

Girl, you deserve a break! It sounds like you have had such a crazy week. You are supermom! I think it's so awesome that you ran that 5K!

Candis Ellis said...

You always have a way of putting my day into perspective...thanks!

carey said...

great post. I hear you on loving the kiddos fiercely, despite the bad behavior. It makes life really tough sometimes...hang in there, my friend. :)

Suzie said...

YES this parenting thing is hard.

glad to hear from you!