Sorry for my blogging absence. I didn't mean for it to happen, it just kind of did. Lots to share, lots keeping me busy.
-Running the 5k for Nie was a huge highlight. Candis and I rocked it and ran the whole thing in 36 minutes. I know, we weren't breaking any land-speed records, but it was still great to be a part of, and actually fun. Even more fun? Ella coming to cheer us on and help us make it the last block or so. Not so fun? Ella losing her car key. Sweetening the blow? A little trip to Kneader's. Anytime I go there it makes my day a little better. Not so fun? Coming home to Pat being sick and canceling plans for the rest of the day. Sweetening the blow? Beautiful weather. Not too bad for a Saturday. Except for the Pat being sick part. Makes me even more sad about the accident when I realize that his body is still paying for it. :( But, things definitely could've been worse, and I'm very grateful to have him in one piece!
-Lots and lots of prep for Enrichment this weekend! Last night I had a nightmare that one of the teachers didn't show and people weren't in the right places and it was a total disaster. I'm so excited for it, but also excited for it to be done!
-My kids are cracking me up and driving me crazy. Sam is going through the stage where he's coloring on everything that he's not supposed to. Every book. My dining room table (with pen). My couch (also with pen). Driving.me.nuts. But then he comes over and gives me a hug and suddenly I'm not so upset. Addie is saying all sorts of funny things. The other day she told me she didn't want a treat when I told her she'd have to take a nap first. "Never mind, mom, treats are only for special caucasians." Hilarious.
I've got to get some sleep, but I hope to be posting more soon. My head is so busy- I need a place to write about it so I can keep up!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So glad to see you here and read your update. Seems like things have really picked up speed - -busy times for sure.
good to get an update from you! I can't wait to get together again!
Oh no, not writing on the walls! Hopefully the magic eraser took care of that!
Good for you with the 5K!!! Awesome (and for such a great cause). My kids have been driving me the walls as well. :) (breathe in & out, right?)
Post a Comment