Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Feel Munchy...

And I really shouldn't, but I always get this way in the afternoon. I went to lunch with some of my college friends for Angie's birthday. Can I just say how hard it is sometimes to take 2 kids out by myself? Addie was actually an angel, just extremely shy (almost to the point of unfriendly, but when you have 5 people trying to talk to you at once, it's natural to glare, right?), but eating wasn't a battle. After an hour, she informed me it was time to go home, though, so every minute after that felt like an hour. Sam is in that awkward stage when having him in his carrier is quite the workout, but without having somewhere to put him, it's almost worse. I've been thinking about getting some sort of a sling or carrier, but since I haven't used it from the start to get used to the weight, I think 17 pounds all at once may be a little overwhelming. My biggest problem with him is that he's so tall! He's grown 1 1/4 inches a month since birth, so probably by mid-August, he'll be exactly half my height. How am I supposed to carry a baby half as big as I am?
So back to my munchies- I finished my ice cream last night. I have no more Otis cookie dough balls in the freezer, so a Costco trip is in order soon. I could resort to chocolate chips, but that's always kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel for me. And I'm not sure what's for dinner because I'm eating dinner at Enrichment. I think maybe I'll make some pancakes or something easy like that before I leave. I have no desire to make nice meals for my family when I won't be there to eat it. I know, so selfish. Oh, and about my spaghetti last night. After I dished up and was so excited, I looked at my plate and saw these little things sticking out of my sauce, and realized they were the legs of a mosquito that met it's demise on my plate drowning in meat and marinara. I didn't want much to eat after that...
I'll report back on Enrichment. It should be a fun one, although it's supposed to be outdoors and it's been sprinkling on and off, so we'll have to see how it pans out. I have a feeling, it may be at the church instead.

4 comments:

House of Joy said...

I know what you mean about the munchies…Thank heavens my teens made S’mores today…Yum Yum..


You are such a good mom to take your children places…It sounds like they did great for their age!!!!


Too bad about your spaghetti…You know, in some countries that would have been counted as extra protein…

Hope you have a fun weekend…

Your fellow patriot…Casa

Sharla said...

feltc, you had me at "otis cookie dough balls." You know, I don't think it's right to talk like that in front of an addict.

Let's be blog friends, 'k?

Lupe said...

I'm guilty of scraping the bottom of the choco chip barrel. It's the hardest part of my 12 step program to overcome.

Christina said...

You girls kill me with your comments. Thank you for being my newest and most loyal (and did I mention only?) blogging friends to date. Spread the word! I can be semi-entertaining, sometimes bland, but everyone's allowed an off day now and then, right? But I'm happy to be making new blogging friends as the days roll by...