Happy Anniversary to me! Yesterday we celebrated 5 years, and it was a nice day. We packed a picnic and took the kids to the park in the afternoon. Addie used to be so ADD there and just run from one thing to the next, but she actually lingered long enough to swing for a while, and did some good trips down the slide. We take turns planning our anniversary every other year (on the year we don't plan the anniversary, we plan valentine's day), so this year was my year. I struggled thinking we had to have some huge action-packed milestone date, but finally realized I didn't care what we did, I was just happy to be spending time together. We ended up going to the Market Street Grill. It was ok, but for me, it was one of those meals that I could've made myself and wondered what I was doing paying $23 for it in a restaurant. But we had great conversation and really enjoyed being together. After that, we went miniature golfing which turned out to be quite fun. I got a hole in one! Watch out Tiger Woods, as long as I pick the course, I'll take you down! Actually, I lost to Patrick by 2 strokes, but a hole in 1 makes me the automatic winner, right? We stopped for some dessert on the way home, and by the time we got back to pick up the kids from sleeping at their cousin's (we have this wonderful trading system where we watch niece and nephew one Friday, and our kids go over to be with aunt and uncle the next Friday- it's magic!), they were breaking out the Sega. I had serious Nintendo hankerings after that. Can I just say for the record that the best "vintage" game known to man (can I say vintage when it's less than 20 years ago?) is Donkey Kong for the Super Nintendo. I think I may need to find this system and game on Ebay so I can satisfy my craving for the MineShaft level. As an older sister to 2 brothers, video games is just a requirement, and I did my best to fill the obligation. Anyway, we played Sega for a while with BIL and SIL and had a great time. Happy 5 years to us!
I'm not sure what today will hold for us. I'd like to do some yard work, but I think it's supposed to be so blazing hot. Our yard leaves a lot to be desired. We built our house and moved in 2 years ago this fall. Last summer we focused on sprinkler system and sod, and we had a retaining wall put in that gave us more yard as well as some beds. Our front landscaping is ok, but the sides and back need weed cloth laid, bushes, flowers, bark, and really a plan. These kinds of projects can be fun to me if I have the time, but with 2 kids underfoot, they leave me wishing I'd hired someone. But, no gardener in sight for me, so I'd better break out the landscaping websites and try to catch a vision. I'm also hoping to go to IKEA today. Yes, we're one of the few Utards who still hasn't gone. I wanted to avoid the rush in the beginning, and then I kind of forgot about it. But I'm sure by now, the rush is over, and it's time to go eat meatballs and peruse the cheap housewares.
Before signing off, a quick thanks to my new blogging friends. My friend banner on the side is slowly growing, so please feel free to add me and let me add you too so I don't look like such a lame-o blogger. Have a great Saturday. It is a special day, you know...
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a FUN date! I'm all for eating and kicking some putt putt golf! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment