1. This week we registered Addie for kindergarten. As we approached the school, she was wide-eyed and exclaimed, "This looks like a really nice place." While I was busy filling out papers, she was busy looking around, recognizing some kids from church and checking out the social scene. She told me "I'm just looking at all of these kids and wondering who is going to be my new friends!" She was pretty much adorable and now many things are referenced in terms of things she wants to accomplish before she goes to kindergarten.
2. My brother and sister-in-law were in town this weekend and allowed Pat and I to have a much needed break yesterday. We started out by taking Addie and Sam out for a double date, and Sam thought the term double date was hilarious. We had fun with the kids, dropped them off and ran errands, then came home for a bit and went back out for dinner. It was a good day, I must say. Back to real life this week.
3. After about 2 1/2 weeks off dairy, we've reunited and it feels so good. I took Charlie to the doc on Monday and he pointed out that since Charlie had immunizations 2 days before the bloody diaper, it could've been a reaction to the rota-virus vaccine. When Sam had that one it caused vomiting for a couple of days, so I should've been on my toes. We're still going to rule out some things, but he seems much improved. So relieved Charlie seems to be doing great (all 18 pounds of him!) and dairy is back in my life.
4. Sam is getting his tonsils removed in April. The ENT was very thorough in her explanation of how bad his recovery will potentially be. She prepared me to expect it to feel like I have a newborn again for about two weeks. Then she asked, "Do you have a newborn?". Well, he'll be 3 months this week, so 4 months by the time we do tonsils, but still, essentially, yes. Oh boy.
5. I visited In-N-Out 3 days in a row this week. I had a milkshake each time. I'm now on In-N-Out strike if I don't want my stomach/bum/thighs/etc. to go Out-Out-Out.
6. Last week Addie put on hairspray herself one day before school. She looked like most little girls do when they apply hairspray for the first time. I couldn't hold back the laughter, but tried to not hurt her feelings by explaining that I remembered doing the same thing when I was learning to use hairspray. Later she told Pat on the phone, "Dad, today I learned about hairspray." A lesson all women must learn at some point, I say. Now is a good a time as any, especially before she starts kindergarten.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I've been off dairy for about 2 weeks now too. Unfortunately it's for *my* good, and not a nursing baby. Also it looks like the break may be long term at the very least :( I miss cheese!
Kate had her tonsils/adenoids removed the summer before she started kindergarten. From all I understand the earlier they have them out, the faster the recovery is. I need to have mine out eventually and I'm not looking forward to that recovery. I kept her on the tylenol w/ codeine for 3 days, I think it was, to make sure any pain stayed under control (as per doctor's recommendation) and within a week she was ready to run and play. She was really sleepy the first couple of days but bounced back really fast. It wasn't nearly as traumatic (for her) as we'd anticipated. For us... still traumatic, LOL. One of kate's cousins is having his tonsils removed this next week. She actually wrote him an email and I sent some pictures of her hospital trip and the story about how it all went because he was kind of nervous. Also, what hospital is he having it done at? If it's at UVRMC they have an awesome program called the pre-op hop. It's done by volunteers after-hours. They give the kids a preview of what to expect, all the places they will be seeing, and answer any concerns for the kids or parents. If it's at another hospital you should check online or call their surgery department and ask if they do something like that. It make me and Kate a lot more confident on surgery day. :) You can always email me if you have any concerns about it. We had great doctors and it worked out perfectly :) Good luck!
Sounds like things are on the up and up!! I'm SO glad. You're kids are just adorable...that Miss Addy is going to do so well in kindergarten!!
Fun post :) I am still singing "reunited...." in my head and will probably continue to do so the rest of the day. But SERIOUSLY, I am so happy that you are back on dairy! Now we just need to cure Ella's ear, wait until Jack is done nursing and have a hayday!
I'm sad that James and Addie won't be in the same class, but now they can be the cool kids that have BFF's in other classes, right?
yay for dairy.
kindergarten...oh my.
That hairspray stuff is hilarious!
Post a Comment