This girl never ceases to amaze me.
-She is a sensitive soul which although it can be trying sometimes, it may also be one of her greatest strengths. It's been sweet to watch her think about my dad as she goes about her day, drawing pictures for him (which include fancy illustrations like his cane) or stopping to play cards or show him her Barbies. I really appreciate her including him.
-She is a huge help. She loves Charlie and always wants to hold him. She's the first to run back to get a burp cloth or diaper or whatever I need (and luckily if she's not around, Sam's happy to help, too). She's tickled pink when Charlie smiles at her and coos, and I love watching that nurturing instinct in my sweet girl.
-She is oh so girly. Sometimes this means oh so dramatic. Always it means oh so concerned with her appearance and her accessories and her lip gloss and her clothes. Oh, her clothes. We've gone the rounds so many times about what she wears. I miss the days when I could dress her in whatever I wanted. I miss the days when putting on shoes did not start world war III. But I appreciate her desire to look her best. And I pray that I can instill a healthy body image and confidence in her so that she realizes no amount of accessories or lip gloss or clothes can make her any more beautiful than she already is.
Addie is currently: eating as many grape tomatoes as I'll let her eat, concerned with making healthy choices and helping my dad get better, listening to my every word and trying to figure out how the world works, nervous and excited about kindergarten in the fall (registration is in 9 days!), writing letters and drawing pictures with reckless abandon, playing with Sam the majority of every day, amazing me with her maturity and her love
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think I definitely see some similarities between Addie and Jane. She's such a sweetie. I can't believe how much she's grown since I first met her! You are such a good teacher and role model for her!
Post a Comment