A few things I need to record for posterity about this energetic 3 year old boy.
-Sam has a friend named Danny. Danny came to play recently because his mom helped me out and kept my kids while I took my dad to another appointment. Danny told his mom he wanted to come to "Bam's house" soon. I told Sam that Danny wanted to come to "Bam's house" and Sam said, "dilly Danny, I not Bam, I Dam." He still has trouble with those S's. I'm equally amused to hear him call the neighbor's dog, "Die! Dum here." The dog's name is Sky. Can't you tell?
-A few weeks ago Sam was getting in trouble and I asked him what he wanted me to take away (usually a toy or movie or some beloved item goes into time-out). Without missing a beat, he kept playing and said "Charlie." I guess I know how he feels about his new baby brother. It was hard not to laugh as I tried to communicate that taking Charlie away wasn't an option.
-Sam recently watched Super Why about the tooth fairy. He was telling me all about losing teeth and how the tooth fairy would then come visit him. I assured him that not only would she visit, but she'd give him money when he lost a tooth. "Oh, so I can buy a new tooth." Makes perfect sense, now doesn't it.
-A couple of weeks ago Pat went in to tuck Sam in and found his head covered in some thick sticky substance. We quickly discovered the uncovered tub of vaseline with tell-tale finger marks having scooped out a large amount. He then rubbed it all over his head. Despite multiple hair washings the next day, we couldn't get it out, so I gave him a hair cut later that night. When asked what he was thinking, he quickly replied, "I wanted my hair pikey (spikey). I needed product." Some things remind me quickly that he has a big sister.
-Sam is currently: obsessed with my dad's cane, always on the lookout for treats and trying to avoid nutrition, still loving his Christmas and birthday stash (Star Wars, firemen, and Batman are found everywhere), filling his bed every night with the most random of things to be found around his room, snoring like a trucker and getting ready for a consult to have his tonsils removed, wearing pull-ups on busy days and underwear when we're home all day in hopes of potty training starting to sink in, holding my hand when we're out and about and melting my heart
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, man, I LOVE that story about Bam and Dam. It's so cute and hilarious! Sam is awesome. I loved reading that.
Good to know Danny's not the only kid sticking the letter D on way too many words. It's dang cute though. Thanks for letting us play!
Post a Comment