After much deliberation we named our baby Charles Elias. 3 out of 4 of his great-grandpa's have Charles as a first or middle name, so it's nice to honor so many important men in our family. Here's a slightly abbreviated version of his arrival- just so I can share some details since who knows when I'll have time to post again!
I went in at 7 Wednesday morning and got started on pitocin close to 8:30. The midwife came in and tried to break my water multiple times (the first time the baby was still too high, the second time she felt his hand by his head and at this point I'd developed a slow leak of water, the third time was the charm). I got an epidural around noon and that was the worst part of the whole thing. I'd felt fine before hand and afterwards was zapped of all energy and just felt crappy. At 2:15 they checked and I was at a 6 (I was at a 4 when I arrived that morning). At 2:45 I was at a 10. I started pushing at 2:55, pushed through 4 contractions, and he arrived at 3:04. He was 8 lbs, 11oz, and 21 inches. He has more hair than any of my other babies have and it's adorable to me. He is just the sweetest thing. Addie and Sam are over the moon with their new baby brother. They're constantly informing him "Hi, it's me your big brother/sister". I'm so glad to have Pat home for the entire coming week. Our house is decorated for Christmas (as of today thanks to Matt and Chrissy) and I'm hoping for some cozy days together enjoying our baby and the holiday season. After worrying the whole pregnancy that I didn't feel connected, I definitely feel the bond with him now! I can't get pics to load, so to see him, go here.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh my goodness, Christina. First of all, he is a lovely sight to behold. What a beautiful baby you have made. Second, Addie and Sam both look so grown up holding their new baby brother. I am so happy this went well. Congratulations!
he is such a precious little babe! he looks perfect so soon after birth! so delighted for you. can't wait to meet him in person.
I want to know who you think he looks like!!! Please let me know if you need anything. We go right by your house at least once a week. Congrats!!!
He is so cute. A Mini-Sam. I can't wait to meet him this week. Congratulations!
congrats! he is beautiful, and your other kiddos are so cute too!
i hope you are doing well and recovering nicely!
Post a Comment