Friday, May 29, 2009

Highs and Lows

I'm not trying to turn into a Friday-only poster, but it sure is working out that way lately. A few highs and lows to send you into the weekend.

Highs
-Hearing the heartbeat this week! In the 150s, so now I've got to dig out my appointment books from Addie and Sam and try to deduce based on heart rate if I think we have a boy or a girl.
-Currently on day 3 of no barfing- let's hope this trend continues!
-Being in the height of party season. One tomorrow, a birthday dinner Sunday, a big Relief Society Fair next week, and a post-blessing celebration next weekend for my favorite twins. Good food and sunshine are in my future.
-Kids making me laugh. Like Addie being so excited to "repent" a movie this week, and then we can have a "cativity" to watch it. Or Sam being apologetic on another day of nap-strike and then telling me with a devilish grin after seeing my disappointment in his nap-less state, "Don't hurt me! Hahahaha." Or when I put Sam to bed and he asks me to "stay one more minute. Two times." Where does he come up with this stuff?
-Reclaiming the house some now that I'm starting to feel a little better. Scrubbed the kitchen floor on hands and knees! Caught up about 6 loads of laundry! Made dinner more than once this week!
-Pat only having a 3 day work week with a Monday holiday and his normal Friday off. Yippee!
-A last minute Park City trip with seriously successful shopping including the perfect gift selection for Pat's mom's 65th birthday- she got shivers over her gorgeous new coach bag, and my sister-in-law and I felt the success of a good gift given.

Lows
-Tons on the to-do list. All the parties require a lot of effort coming up. Hopefully I can plan accordingly and manage only one trip to Costco in the coming days.
-Sam being on nap strike all week. I'm not ready for this!
-Swallows attempting to nest on my porch again. This means war.

Good definitely outweighed the bad this week! Hope your weekend is full of goodness!

6 comments:

Sammie said...

Wahoo, for the no barfing trend. Hope it stays alive for ya! I would be happy to come over and help you give your house the once over if you'd like, just give me a ring!

Alison Alleman said...

I wish you were my next door neighbor and I wish I didn't have a job so I could come over and take your kids so you could have a nap. Oh, the joys of motherhood. I'm trying to enjoy my freedom while I can :)

You're such a good mom! Keep up the good work! And let me know when you've pre-determined the sex of your baby :)

Rusti said...

Hey, you're expecting?! Congrats! And the no barfing for a week, even better, right? :)

Good luck on the naps! That's rough.

Heather said...

150??? I vote girl. From my experience... girls are faster. But don't quote me- unless I turn out to be right of course :)

carey said...

Yay for no barfing & heartbeat! I remember those days well - - treat yourself well! Congrats again on expecting!!! :D Good luck with that to-do list.

Court said...

Great to see you while we were visiting! Glad you are feeling a little better. :)