Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, Monday

Today was one of those days where I was just not on my game.  I hate those days.  Charlie is living on air and crackers and soy milk because his mouth still hurts and he's not eating much of anything.  Sam's ears were painted on today and I let him get away with the cardinal sin of turning on the television.  I was too flustered to fight him.  He'd live on sugar if I let him, but I'm not tolerating teething excuses from a 4 year old, so we've been in many a battle about what healthy is and what food choices he's allowed to make.  Yesterday he screamed that Heavenly Father was mad at me because I wouldn't let him have a cupcake.  Not sure I buy that one, but it was a good effort to appeal to my religious sensibilities.  All three kids have a runny nose going, and Addie seemed to be not feeling super great all day.  She wasn't her usual helpful self and I think if I'd encouraged her she would've napped she seemed so worn out.  But I wasn't on my game enough to recognize what each of my kids was needing while they were needing it today. 

I determined today's failure was because I hadn't planned ahead.  I do much better if I review my day the night before and get organized.  Instead, I was running around knowing I had a lot to do but not knowing what to do because I hadn't made a list.  Rookie mistake, but somehow it still happened.  I still got some things done, but I spent much of the day spinning my wheels and not really accomplishing much.  So tonight, I'm setting my house in order.  List making is resuming.  Schedules are coming back (although I know that at a moments notice they could all be thrown out the window).  I've got to get back on my game.  Winter does this to me every year.  I get sucked into the lazies and lack of accomplishment and have a hard time getting motivated.  Pajamas and blankets and not leaving the house sound much more appealing to me when the weather is cold.  Hopefully I can make it through this slump called January.  Suggestions are welcome. 

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Yes, I agree. Schedules & lists set things in order.
Why do I let them fall by the wayside, then?

good luck. keep us updated on how it's going!