The Good:
-Strep seems to have left the building, coughs are decreasing, and I think the sickies are starting to go away.
-The sun is shining and it's 60 degrees.
-Friends and family are helpful and kind.
-The gospel brings peace.
The Bad:
-My dad had a mini-stroke on Saturday. We spent 6 hours at the hospital. Much of the progress that he's made is gone again. His speech was affected, as well as his balance, and he's lost some of the movement he had regained in his left arm. We're doing all we can to prevent this, but strokes still may continue to happen.
-Charlie had his 4 month check today and has some undetermined (possibly staph) skin infection that has spread through his body, causing his lymph glands to swell and possibly causing the blood in his stool. I'm off dairy again. I have to bathe and lotion the poor boy twice a day. We'll find out culture results on Monday and return to the doctor Monday to see if he's improving.
-Sam's tonsils are coming out on Tuesday. He's on antibiotics until then because he's still got a slight cough going on and they won't do the procedure if he's still coughing. Fingers are crossed we can make it through several more days of antibiotics and the tonsils will go ok.
-Addie got her cavity filled yesterday. They found and filled a second one while they were in there. Pediatric dentistry is the field to go into. All of this was to the tune of $700. Hopefully insurance will pay a chunk, but I'm sure we'll still be left with more than we'd like to be. Seeing her sedated was hilarious and sad all at the same time. The poor girl couldn't stand up, and at one point she asked me if I had two faces. Sedation is funny, but not $700 funny.
The Ugly
-I need a date with my eyebrows.
-Sam decided to rub Addie's pink shiny lip gloss all over his face as eye make-up. It just isn't something you want to see on your little boy.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my, Christina. Skin infections, tonsils out, a stroke and cavities? You guys can't catch a break! I'm so sorry! I'm impressed that you had such a nice good list instead of a bunch of curse words. ;) Hang in there, friend!
All I can say is that you want to avoid having YOUR tonsils out. Sam will be hurting and sad for several days then feel great. Big kids don't bounce back so fast :(
We just got a diagnosis of strep here today too after 6 days of fever. I hope we don't do it "your" way!
Try to stay healthy. Soak up some Vitamin D :)
Oh my heavens! When it rains, it pours. You are amazing. I don't know anyone else who would be able to handle everything you are with such grace.
So glad to be getting out with you on Saturday.
You are my hero. I don't know how you are dealing with all this...but if you can steal a minute for yourself, to go on a walk with me (or something like that) we should!! You need be doing things for yourself, too, so that you don't wear out. Heaven knows I need to, and I'm not nearly going through so much as you. Plus it would just be fun to hang out...
Love your attitude through all of this.
and I hope you got your date with your eyebrows!
stay prayerful!
Whoa! Crazy, crazy! Good luck, Christina! I hope everybody gets better soon! I'm off dairy too and it's kind of tricky cooking. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment