Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How We Felt? Really Want to Know?

Today "we" felt tired. And worn out. Today we were called at home by our doctor for the second time this week. After being in to see them twice last week. Today they were checking to see if the strep infection (a result of issues that have been going on since the birth of child #3) that has spread through our entire body (did you know strep isn't just reserved for throats?) has gone away yet. And the answer is a resounding no. Chills and fever started again during the night last night. Luckily we have been on antibiotics long enough to not be contagious. Unluckily, they're not working to kick this crap. Unluckily all the children have been sick (with strep, ear infections, impetigo, and pink eye to name a few), and the husband (with a miserable cold), and now the dad who is thinking he probably has pneumonia (and he is the expert since he gets it pretty much annually). Luckily child #1 is feeling better and has been back to school. Luckily child #2 took a good nap today. Luckily child #3 is a pro at taking his medicine and seems to be doing not too bad. Unluckily we are living in squalor because we are too tired to clean our abode. Luckily we have a brother and sister-in-law coming tomorrow to help out. Unluckily we feel a little embarrassed at the current state of our house and don't want to get the family sick. Unluckily we feel like a total flake on many fronts, not accomplishing much of what we desire to do. Luckily we managed to blog and explain our absence. And if we're really lucky, we'll be feeling better pronto and back to blogging and cleaning and all other life pursuits in a timely manner.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Strep in your body is bad. I would have recommended against it if you'd bothered to ask first ;) I'm glad your doctor is keeping an eye on you. I got a cyst that was strep related last year and ended up on IV antibiotics for nearly 2 weeks after failing on all the oral antibiotics they tried. Nasty stuff. I know what you mean about living in squalor. Actually I've seen your house before and would certainly prefer your squalor to mine. I had my tonsils out 1 1/2 weeks ago and while MIchael did awesome the first week (he worked from home a little and mostly just took care of me and made sack lunches and signed homework sheets and folded laundry...) the house has outstripped him now. I am up and about some now, but not quite up to "kid" speed yet. Certainly not up to "clean AHEAD of the kids" speed! Try to take it easy. Your body seriously needs time and nutrients to heal. I know you're way overworked, but take advantage of what help you can get and just plain relax. It will be harder if you're stuck changing IV balls several times a day. Wish I thought I could actually do something to help, but I'm mostly a lump on a log right now. Sorry.

Jan said...

Christina, I"m SO sorry to hear how tough things have been. Wish there was something (anything!) that I could do to help. You guys are now added to our prayer list -- hope you get better ASAP!!

Englebright said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! What a crappy week. I sure hope you guys start feeling better!

Alison Alleman said...

Yuk. Yuk. Yuk. Hang in there girl! Hope you guys all get feeling better soon!

Candis Ellis said...

Freak. I am so ANNOYED that you have to go through this too! I'm sure you are too. I sense a run to Target and Red Mango in our very near future. {please oh please}

Zipdinger said...

*sigh* Holy crap!! This is the kind of thing that makes you wonder what the heck you did to deserve it....I really hope you're feeling better soon. I cannot imagine having 3 kids with strep while suffering from it at the same time. My Sam got strep once. It sucked. Hang in there!!!