Monday, March 22, 2010

Here we go again...

Remember Addie's imaginary friends? Cleaner and Nemernade (Lemonade) were regulars at our house for a long while. If you dig through the archives (which I'm not currently taking the time to do, but if I were really dedicated, I would) you'll find a few posts regarding the imaginaries. Sam has now welcomed an imaginary friend to our home. His name is Jacey. Or maybe J.C. Maybe even adapted from our good friend J.C.W's. Who know's where his namesake is from. But I'm not sure why imaginary friends have such naughty ideas sometimes. Today when it was time to go pick Addie up from preschool Sam didn't want to have anything to do with it. According to him, Jacey said he could stay here "by his delf" and he didn't need to come pick up Addie. And he wasn't scared, because Jacey told him where the police were in case he needed a grown up. And those are Jacey's rules, so of course we needed to follow them. Not sure why I try to reason with a 3 year old. I let Sam know that if Jacey couldn't obey our rules he wouldn't be allowed to come over. Hopefully Jacey can tell Sam how cool it is to use the potty. Not likely.

No comments: