Friday, September 18, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I found out this week that the placenta has moved, so things are good to go. Can't believe that I scheduled my next appointment for 2 weeks away- am I really that far along already? Craziness.

2. I'm trying to slowly but surely embrace the brown that my hair has become. My view of myself includes my hair being blonde, so it's quite the identity shift (as admittedly shallow as that sounds). Today I added quite a bit during my cut and color. And I chopped off a couple inches. It's a nice change!

3. Sam and Addie got a good dose of outside play in yesterday morning, thanks to a friend in the ward. I think I need to send them over daily- Sam ate voraciously after we got home and then took an amazing nap, and his napping is already nothing to complain about. It was so nice!

4. I'm hoping to squeeze in some work around the house this weekend. Embarrassing statistic: my windows have been washed zero times since moving into our house almost 4 years ago. Shameful. I'm thinking that definitely needs to be remedied before the baby comes. I'll probably be shocked by how bright the sun is once my windows are clean.

5. I'm not the most avid football fan you'll ever meet, but can I just comment on my Cougar pride this year? I just love that BYU. I think a trip to campus is in order soon including a visit to the creamery. Provo makes me feel like fall, and since it starts next week, I guess I need a few things to get me in the fall mood.

5 comments:

Sammie said...

Go Cougars and go creamery!!!

Hannah said...

Yay for the placenta shifting!! That is great news. You want to know something truly shameful? I haven't been to an OB appointment in 2 months. I don't even know how many weeks I am. 23?24? something like that.

Alison Alleman said...

1. I have no idea what the placenta moving means, but apparantly it is a good thing. Yay! I'm so excited for you :)

2. Go cougars! BYU football always makes me a little nostalgic (okay, a LOT)

3. Can't wait to see the hair. I think you'd look good in brown. Guess what? I got bangs! Mixed emotions.

Unknown said...

My hair is a lot darker these days too -- and I've gained a lot of weight since pre-babies. In my head I'm a skinny blonde. In my mirror I'm a chubby brunette. Who's been playing with my mirror?!?! :P

Evaly said...

Provo reminds me of fall too! I miss it sometimes. I'm glad your placenta moved and your pregnancy is going well.