I did a little housekeeping today around the blog. Cleaned up the links to only show the private blogs, since everything else is in my reader. Shared a few links for creative geniuses I have the privilege of knowing. Crafted a new statement about me, since pretty soon I'll be a mom to more than 2 kids, and with each passing day teaching feels like more of a distant memory. That was enough for today, but there may be more soon.
Did a little tidying around the house today, too, although not as much as I need to. Definitely a lot of dust around here that needs stirred up. Vacuumed crevices of my couches that haven't seen a vacuum for a while. Final count of found items: 4 twistable crayons, 1 pen, 1 pencil, 1 piece to a quite book, 8 popsicle sticks (for crafting, not remnants of past-eaten treats), and countless crumbs. I purged about a dozen sippy-cups. Sometimes those things just need cycled. This new little boy will get his own down the line. I have the urge to rearrange every cupboard and drawer in my kitchen. Then I'll move on to my laundry room. And on and on throughout the house until things are tidy again. Nesting much?
And while the weather is 100% perfect outside I should probably attempt to clean up this eyesore we've been calling a yard. Next summer we are most definitely getting some outdoor furniture and a nice big umbrella so we can spend time outside with a little shade. Tomatoes are still on which makes me all sorts of happy and inspires prayers to avoid a frost for a while.
I've been starting on some Christmas shopping since December will most likely be a blur of newborn sweetness and twinkly lights and baked goods. I need to finalize my list of plans so I can know what to be hunting for and maybe get a little crafty for a few gifts.
Feeling super grateful that Pat's meds are seeming to make a difference. I'm becoming a smoothie-maker extraordinaire since that's all he can manage to choke down his probiotic in. He consumes over a trillion bacteria a day, and thankfully these little guys couples with some steroids are inspiring improvement. Hopefully soon the steroids will be gone and the probiotic will be enough to keep it all good.
Autumn makes trials seem so much more poignant to me. (well, probably autumn and pregnancy if we're being realistic) Lots going on with people I know- a sweet lady from church who just found out that she may only have 3 months left because her cancer is progressing and her treatment isn't working. Another going through affects of aging much sooner than she should. Struggles with jobs and relationships and health and all sorts of things. I wish I had enough hours/means/inspiration to make it all better. In the mean time I'll share food and prayers and visits, things I definitely know how to do.
Happy Thursday
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like the clean new look and the new blurb about you!
I with nesting would kick in with me. right now, I just want to sleep.
Can't wait until next Thursday!! Sorry you befriended a flake. ;)
I love your profile description. :) I am with you on autumn trials... hang in there, lady.
Let me know if you find any good deals while Christmas shopping. Yep, I've started too. I have to have it done sooner than later so I can actually enjoy the Christmas season!
Post a Comment