Sorry about the absence. Here are a few snippets from the past little while, and don't worry, the wedding will be blogged about soon with its own post!
1. I've been busy laying low in an attempt to recover from the wedding and trying to catch up on everything that's been neglected around here. I think I've been successful in recovering- I'm back to feeling good and can't believe that I'm due 3 months from tomorrow. Who knows if December 5th will actually be the day, but it's nice to know that in hopefully 3 months or less we'll have a new sweet boy around here. It's got my nesting instincts kicking in- lots to do before then!
2. Sam is cracking me up lately. Last night he asked me to sleep in his crib with him (yes, item #1 on the list is to get him moved to a big boy bed pronto). When I informed him I couldn't fit he started laughing and said, "Just teasing, mom." And he really is such a tease. His sense of humor and personality are just exploding right now. Nursery is improving (knock on wood) and I'm enjoying time with my boy. When Addie's at school I'm trying to soak him up and give him my undivided attention. Wednesday I had hopes of running errands after we dropped Addie off, but Sam wanted no parts of it. Instead I let him choose and he took me on a date to Wines Park and then to Sonic for a drink. And I have to say, I agree with him- it was much more fun than errands.
3. Addie is back to school and loving it. Really, truly loving it. Thriving. Learning. It's so fun to see her come home and spout off the life cycle of a frog or the reasons why dinosaurs are extinct. Switching to a different preschool this year has been a great change for her. I admit the kinds of things she's learning are the things that I really thought I'd be teaching her as a mom. Before having kids I imagined all sorts of themed days full of exploration and discovery. It makes me a little sad to realize I am not that kind of mom. Maybe one day. Addie has also been extremely helpful lately (on her terms, of course). Maybe she has her own nesting going on because in the past week she's organized the toy closet, cleaned her room (which currently needs cleaned again), and started to tidy up my room. What a girl!
4. Although I've been reading so many farewell summer posts, I really don't feel that way at all. Instead, I feel like I'm clinging to the last bits and not wanting fall to arrive and weather to change for a while. I need a few more warm days to sit outside and get wet with the kids and to eat more tomatoes and more fruit and more hamburgers and more ice cream and to not dress in layers and wear lots of ponytails and to be a little lazy with no excuses necessary, just because it's summer. I'm really hoping to squeeze everything I can out of the next few weeks before fall officially arrives. And I have a lot of green tomatoes that had better hurry and get red before the cold comes!
5. I've got my own version of back to school going. The class series I was most interested in during this 12 week seminar is Thursdays on Home and Family Relations (although all of the topics are excellent and I really could benefit from each one). Yesterday's homework was meant to be done privately, but I may have some of these posts popping up on my blog in the future. Check it out and get in on the fun. I thought the whole concept went along perfectly with last month's visiting teaching message about life long learning. I've felt myself neglecting that pursuit lately, so I was excited when I came across this course series which totally filled my need for learning and growth.
Have a fantastic weekend. Pat has today off, so it's a 4 day weekend for us- love it! Hoping for lots of play and lots of work. With a pedicure already scheduled for tomorrow morning and date night tonight, I think things are off to a great start!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am dying to see your 6-month belly. we need to plan a play date soon.
One of my blog goals is to enhance my own life-long learning. I love the idea that there's so much available to learn about, practice and share in the blogosphere! Thanks for sharing!
Have fun on your date and ENJOY the pedicure!
Post a Comment