Pat has been out of town since Sunday night. Gratefully, he gets home tonight. In the mean time, here's what we've been up to this week.
-Charlie fell out of his crib. He chipped a tooth, skinned his nose, and got rug burn on his forehead. He's a trooper and doesn't seem to be too affected.
-Sam and Addie are both very ready for Pat to come home. Tears have been close to the surface for the past few days. His crazy work schedule last week plus being out of town this week definitely adds up to not enough dad time, and it's becoming really obvious in their behavior. I'm trying to be extra understanding today because we're really all just done.
-Today I went to Addie's classroom to volunteer. As I went through different skills with each student, one thing they were working on was saying the pledge of allegiance. I kept getting teary-eyed listening to their cute voices say the pledge.
-Things are moving along with the new blog. Local friends definitely need to stop by- I should have a great give away posted soon.
-Charlie has been really cute with his words lately. I probably should've just given that boy his own post. He can say Papa and Nonna, much to Pat's parents delight. Yesterday Sam and Charlie were both having oatmeal for breakfast. Sam was whining because his was hot. Charlie looked at him and said, "bo" and then started blowing. Then he got on a roll and asked for more and said several other words during breakfast. It's fun to have him start talking more.
-Pat gave Sam a talk about being man of the house before he left. He told Sam it meant giving tickles to everyone. I think Sam took it to mean sleeping in my bed. Oy.
-I had great dreams of productivity this week, but didn't accomplish nearly as much as I wanted to. I felt like I spent the evenings pacing my house trying to figure out what project to dig into first. I sorted the kids' clothes, a definite undertaking. Beyond that, no big projects to note. Bummer.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Friday, February 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love his interpretation of what the man of the house does.
adoraBLE.
hope this week is going well!
I'm off to check out your new blog.
exciting!
(I am getting ready to debut my new blog with my new wedding/event business. please alert the media ;)
Post a Comment