Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Summer has taken over and I'm not minding a bit. Bedtimes are stretched a little later a few nights a week, play dates are happening more frequently, popsicles are eaten one after another, and I'm soaking it all up. In all reality, I'd be just fine if this summer never ended, because I'm really not ready for Addie to start kindergarten at the end of the summer.

2. Things have reached a plateau with my dad's recovery. We're trying to explore some new options with things for him to do, which means more phone calls and appointments and leg work over the next while to get things going. More to come on this I'm sure.

3. Charlie weighs 22 pounds. He also has 2 ear infections. He is also too cute. But lately he's been too crabby. Hoping antibiotics take him back to my joyful baby soon.

4. Sam wanted someone to come watch him eat a couple days ago because he dawdled during breakfast and everyone else was done. I told him I was sorry that he'd missed the chance and he'd have to eat by himself. That answer wasn't satisfactory and he kept pressing for someone to come sit with him. I told him the angels would have to sit with him because no one else was going to. Now he keeps talking about his angels all the time. Not sure what I created here...

5. Addie woke up yesterday with the stomach flu. Not my favorite way to wake up at 4 am. She was a trooper and stopped throwing up yesterday morning. Today she's still been fevered, but has seemed much better. I'm crossing my fingers that no one else shares in the stomach flu fun.

6. Next week is my 10 year high school reunion. I go back and forth between being super excited and practically breaking out in hives. I realized that I haven't even thought about what to wear yet. It sounds like things are casual dress. I thought I'd buy a new dress, but hearing about a casual dress code makes me not want to be overdressed. Maybe dressier jeans with heels and a great top? Do weigh in, if you have thoughts on the matter.

7. Last week I had the chance to go to girls camp for an evening. We tie-dyed. I'm not sure I remember the last time I tie-dyed. I left my shirt at camp to dry, and I realized today I haven't gotten it back yet. I can't wait to see how it turned out! The excitement I have about seeing my tie-dyed shirt tells me that I may have hit a new low.

8. Pat's brother built a new house. One of the things he wanted to hang on the walls was "art" created by all the families. Over the weekend we pulled out the canvases and paint and finally finished up this project. I was a little disappointed that my original vision didn't turn out as planned. I was thrilled that it made me remember how much I enjoy painting. It was my favorite thing in middle school. Art class was required every year instead of something we opted into, and I loved it. I may go pick up a few canvases for myself. Even if they're hideous, there's something very relaxing to me about this process of creating.

9. Our new dishwasher was installed last Friday, and I am in heaven. So much room! So quiet! Gets things so clean! Should I do an infomercial?

10. Contemplating a yard sale. My house is full of things I don't use or don't need. I was hoping to have it this weekend, but don't think I'll be ready in time. Any good tips? Any local friends want to turn this into a multi-family event? Let me know.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You poor thing. I hope your kids start feeling better!

If you have a yard sale, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be there buying up your good taste.

Alison Alleman said...

My HS reunion was a couple weeks ago. I figured out what to wear at the very last second and then we had to drive a truck without A/C all the way from Provo to Kaysville during the hottest part of the day and I was SWEATY. Then I decided I looked like a cowgirl, but it was too late. I'm sure you will look great!