Friday, July 30, 2010

Pretend it's Tuesday...or a post a few days late


(images via from our wedding day)
When Pat and I were dating I could often be heard telling my room mates, "Pat is great!" "Isn't Pat so great?!?" "He's just so great." I honestly didn't know how right I was. Our 8th anniversary was Tuesday. And if my friends wouldn't find it totally obnoxious I'd still go around on a regular basis telling them how great he is. The last 8 years have been wonderful, but even the last 8 months have taken us to a new place. Adversity can bring a couple closer together or tear them apart, and I am grateful everyday that we've experienced the former. I can't think of many husbands who would taken on what he's taken on. I was having a conversation this week when it was brought up that not only has he taken this on, but he's done it without complaint. He's worked hard and followed through and been my biggest supporter, my voice of reason, my most trusted confidante through it all. Tuesday night I said one of the most thankful prayers I can remember, rejoicing in the blessings I've gained because of my marriage. Truly, every good thing that has happened over the last 8 years is a direct result of my decision to marry Patrick. I have a feeling 8 is going to be great. Just like Pat.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Pat IS great! Isn't Pat SO great? He's just so GREAT! Happy anniversary!

Sammie said...

I still remember your wedding day. It was GREAT!! Hope to see you guys soon. You just need to pop over sometime.

Sharla said...

So sweet! Congrats, lady. :)

tara said...

that first picture JOY at is best. love that christina:)

carey said...

Congrats, my friend! :) Very sweet post. Sounds like you have a wonderful man (and I hope he knows how lucky he is, too).