{image from our session found here which I still can't get enough of- thanks Melissa!}I need to record a little about my kids before I forget what they've been up to lately. Addie amazes me. She is full of greatness and I feel so blessed to call her mine. A few recent Addie stories that must be preserved...
-Saturday she took off on her bike. We took the training wheels off a few months ago, but her practice has been spotty since she's been preferring her scooter all summer and even wanted to give me scooter lessons since she's such a speed demon. Saturday she decided to give her bike another whirl and away she went. I know she's a little late to the two-wheeler game, but I'm still feeling pretty proud.
-A few days ago Sam was acting baby-ish while getting in the car and I made the comment that I already had a baby and I was done with babies so he needed to act like a big boy. Addie chimed in, "We're not done with babies, we need at least one more. But if it's not a girl, we'll have to try again. And keep trying until we get a girl." I'm thinking this girl is desperate for a sister.
-The primary program is coming up and Addie is excited. When she read through her part, "Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer," she said, "Mom, this is REALLY important. This is an awesome part!" On Sunday they practiced the program all together for the whole length of primary. When church got done, I couldn't find Addie. I circled the church several times with no luck. The other ward was starting their primary and I finally found Addie on the verge of tears in the hallway outside of her classroom. She said no one told her that primary was finished, so she'd gone to class because she thought it was class time. She waited in her empty classroom for about 15 minutes until the other ward started going in. She was a mess, and I felt so terrible for her. It was really her first experience feeling lost, and one of those moments as a mom you feel like you can't give enough love to make it better fast enough. As hard as it was for her, it doesn't surprise me that it happened because she was trying to make a good choice. That is Addie.
-School is going well. She's had a few rough days and relayed plenty of dramatics about various friends. I think that part of things is my biggest stress about school. Her reading is great and it's so fun to see her devouring books. When I went in for parent-teacher conferences her teacher told me that she has so much to share, but sometimes it leads her to sharing at inappropriate times via whispering to her neighbor. It was funny to hear the same kinds of comments about her that were made about me as a kid. Sometimes the apple doesn't fall far.
-We're headed to Disneyland soon. We were talking to my dad about our upcoming trip. He asked her if we were going to the parade. She turned to me with her jaw on the floor and said, "You didn't tell me there was a parade, too!" I'm pretty much giddy about the magical time she and Sam are going to have.

3 comments:
I miss that girl! So wish you lived here so I could spend time with your fun kids more often! :)
Addie is such a sweet girl. Very tender hearted and kind.
Looking forward to seeing you guys!
what a sweetie. and such a beautiful girl!
keep up the good work, mama.
Post a Comment