1. For the past almost two weeks I've been doing this new diet thing. It's called high carb eating, and it consists of eating all the things we haven't been since my dad has been living with us. Since he's been at a skilled nursing facility for the past 10 days I've made risotto and pasta dishes and anything else I could think of that had been on hiatus for the past 7 months. He's coming home this morning, so I suppose this diet comes to an end today, and really not a moment too soon with the waistline expansion I'm starting to notice.
2. As much as I was dreading the close of summer and the start of school, having a routine and a little structure back has been really nice. Seeing how much my kids are loving school has made things a whole lot easier. There's something wonderful about seeing them enjoy a pursuit they're involved in, be it building a block tower or playing in the sandbox or going to school. Sam's teachers are in love with his happy personality, and Addie comes home daily telling me about a new friend she's made. I'm a proud mom right now.
3. I'm seriously contemplating giving up tv watching. Not that I watch a lot to start with, but I keep thinking of ways I can have more time for things that feel neglected in my life or things that I'm wanting to start (exercise, reading, quilting, and family history to name a few), I'm hoping that by not getting into any of my former shows again since they haven't started yet this season, maybe I can avoid the tv trap and make something of myself. Not that you can't make something of yourself and watch tv, I just know I can't seem to do both. We'll see how long this lasts.
4. Tomatoes out back are making me happy right now. I'm hoping it stays warm enough to let the rest of my green tomatoes turn red, but in the mean time I think a BLT is definitely on the weekend agenda. I ate one everyday for lunch when pregnant with Addie. It probably explains her love for tomatoes. Maybe she'll have a BLT with me this weekend.
5. Speaking of weekend fun, tonight I'm headed to the local football game. Pat's dad used to be the principal at the high school and is being inducted into the high school hall of fame tonight. Some sort of pre-game dinner and a presentation before kick off are on the agenda. Maybe we'll even stay for the first half if the kids are holding up.
Hope your weekend is full of the last bits of summer like vine-ripe tomatoes and a little fall welcome like enjoying some football. Have a happy one!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Last time I saw you there was no waist expansion.
Great news about Russ. Hope it was a fun night!!
Good to see what you're up to!
Post a Comment