Thursday, August 26, 2010
Thoughts on a Thursday
I've had way too many things that have been in my head but haven't been recorded. Since last posting I've really worked on this whole soaking up the last bits of summer thing. We've had friends over for lunch a couple of times. We've thrown a back to school bash (hopefully more details to come). We've splashed in splash pads several times. We've had our plans changed by serious summer storms. Addie and I have had some one on one time with talks about getting married and kissing and all sorts of things I don't feel quite ready for and can't believe I'm discussing with this remarkable girl. Sam has been seriously motivated by the prospects of preschool turning him into a fully potty-trained individual overnight. Charlie has started sleeping through the night (knock on wood that he continues). And he got tubes. And he's crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything and swallowed a pea-sized Polly Pocket camera this afternoon. Pat turned 32 today. The boy is stressed, which is not his usual way of being, so I'm hoping a little birthday fun will take his mind off the pressures he's facing right now. And by fun, I mean that Chick-fil-a is opening here today and that's what the kids want to do, accompanied by a trip to Sam's preschool open house. But a few gifts might take his mind off things, I suppose. I'm still really weepy about the start of school. Really weepy. But, a good weekend full of fun will hopefully leave me with few regrets about how we spent our last summer with no kids in school. Maybe a trip to the movie theatre or the bowling alley or miniature golfing or up the canyon that evening. So many possibilities that we never got to this summer. I'm taking time in the middle of the day to attend a cooking class on knife skills (a long overdue birthday present to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law=a day of girly fun). I'm hoping that maybe before then we can swing in to Shabby Apple's garden party, but getting there at the end of the party probably will mean slim pickings. Do I dare make the trek to SLC multiple times in one day? The garden party would most definitely be worth it. Decisions, decisions. Hope the end of summer is treating you well. Hope to be starting a new exciting project that's been spinning around in my head for a while. Hope to be back to a regular schedule of recording my thoughts around here soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll pick you up at 7am! :) No, seriously.
ooh. I can't wait to hear what you get.
Post a Comment