Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good News

Lots of good news to report on around here.

-We found out this week that my dad is planning to be released with a cane instead of a wheel chair! He's walking with a quad cane and working on stairs and doing so well. I have felt so grateful. There has been a peace in my heart all week since I found this out and I've felt the love of God so abundantly through this experience. Lots to do in the next 2 weeks to get ready for his arrival, but no ramp and no wheel chair are huge blessings!

-My BFF from high school arrives tomorrow for the week! IKEA, Nordstrom Rack, and delicious food are all on the agenda. Can't wait to see Ames!

-Charlie is a champ. Aside from a little cold (so lovingly shared by his big brother and sister) he is doing amazingly well and getting into a groove with some really decent stretches of sleep. I knock on wood as I type that for fear of jinxing it, but I am so happy he's just growing and sweet and cuddly.

-Addie is really growing up. It seems like she turned 5 and instantly she's wanting to have deeper conversations and is constantly eaves-dropping on mine. Tonight's suggested dinner table conversation brought up by Miss Adelynn involved discussing the things we believe in and what makes up our testimonies. Loved it. When did my baby become a little lady?

-Sam picked up on a not so fantastic conversation a few days ago. Maybe this shouldn't go in a post entitled "good news." I was at my wits end trying to get everyone out the door with a definite deadline, and Sam wouldn't stop carting around a huge bundle of plastic hangers he'd collected. Finally, in not my proudest moment, I instructed him to leave them the he** alone so we could leave. He then walked around with a new song in his head, "weave da he** awone." I guess the good news is his song only stuck for about 5 minutes. My resolve for this week is to speak more kindly. :)

-Charlie is taking a bottle on occasion, and I couldn't be happier. I'm able to pump and leave and enjoy some freedom! Last night Pat gave me the chance to get out of the house and enjoy a fabulous dinner at 712 with some of my college besties. I had a fantastic time and thoroughly enjoyed the ability to go without rushing back to feed a baby.

Have a happy week, everyone! Aside from company coming, some house prep is in order to get ready for my dad, and Sam will be 3 Saturday. Lots to look forward to!

6 comments:

Jana said...

Great news about your dad! It's nice you finally get some good news!
I'm sorry -but picturing you saying hell gives me the giggles. Probably cause I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has an occasional swear word slip out! :)

Sammie said...

Sounds like the Lord is pouring out blessings upon you and your family. I'm happy things are working out! Have fun celebrating on Saturday. Claire's celebration is tomorrow! When did they get big enough to be 3?

Candis Ellis said...

Okay, I just crack up every time I think of that "song"! SO funny!!

Hey! I want some "bestie" time before things get crazy too!

Ella said...

Those are some wonderful things! But yeah, my fave is the song. Do I even know you? :)

Suzie said...

This post is truly full of good news!
But my favorite part is the precious quote about the hangers.
Priceless & shows that you are human!
take care of you!

carey said...

Have I ever told you how much I love your children's names? :) (especially Charlie). You have such fine taste with everything. I'm so glad for your good news!